|Caroline Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Job Description: Under the guidance of the Gym Manager, the Gym Supervisor is responsible for supporting ongoing operations using the principles and the mission set forth by the Association of Rappahannock Area YMCA.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Enforce the gym rules both verbally and in writing
• Flexible schedule required
• Opening and closing duties as assigned
• Keep the gym area clean and neat, free from trash and debris
• Address complaints and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Restore all equipment to proper place
• Operate technical machinery
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with staff and others
• Attend staff meetings and trainings
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• Ensure all safety and risk management procedures are adhered to
• Participate in the Annual Support Campaign
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Strong communication skills
• An outgoing, friendly demeanor
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle difficult situations
• Comfort in working with diverse individuals and organizations
• Ability to work as part of a team
• CPR , AED and First Aid Certification (or will agree to become certified within three months of employment)