|Ron Rosner Family YMCA|
Morning (8:45AM - 12:00PM) and Evening Shifts (5:00PM - 8:00PM) Available
6 to 15 Hours/Week
Applicants must also work one Saturday each month and sub as needed.
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Promote a nurturing, caring, and professional atmosphere by providing excellent child care and exemplifying our YMCA values. Enthusiastically greet parents and their children as they arrive. Provide courteous and efficient service, communicate with parents, and supervise a group of children in a nursery setting.
• Greet and assist all parents, students, potential members and staff in a courteous, professional and friendly manner.
• Show enthusiasm towards parents and their children and create a positive atmosphere. Enrich their Y experience by introducing them to new programs, staff, members and volunteer activities.
• Assist in maintenance and cleaning of the facility and equipment.
• Attend staff meetings and trainings.
• Use appropriate forms to communicate and ensure they are filled out accurately and entirely with appropriate dates and signatures.
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
• Have an accurate head count at all times.
• Maintain a clean and organized play area at all times.
• Maintain safety rules as set by the branch and the organization.
• Report all incidents, accidents, and discrepancies on any matter to your immediate supervisor.
• Control access to the Kidz Corner, Kidz Gym, and Kidz Club programs, check-in children entering the area by having the parent sign their child completely and correctly. Ensure parents are signing children out correctly as well.
• Participate in all activities including physical activities in the gymnasium and swim time in the pool.
• Assure compliance with local and state regulations as they relate to child care.
• Ensure that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
• Must continually communicate with all departments and possess basic knowledge of each department and their programs. You must also be knowledgeable and supportive of our Annual Support Campaign.
• Exhibit core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Must maintain a consistent professional image through dress, actions and relationships with others. Always speak enthusiastically on behalf of the YMCA at any given opportunity.
• Dress code includes name tag at all times, YMCA Staff t-shirts with correct and current branding, and pants or shorts (cannot be any shorter than 3” above the knee). All clothes should be clean and free of stains or holes.
• Nursery attendants must be at least 18 years of age
• Must demonstrate skills in customer service, caring for children and communication on a consistent basis
• Must be able to handle delicate situations with maturity and calmness
• Demonstrate professionalism in both attitude and appearance
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Must appreciate the needs of children
• Must obtain current CPR and First Aid certifications or be willing to attend training at the YMCA’s earliest convenience
• Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
• Must have patience and enthusiasm
• Must be able to assist with leading structured activities
• License and ability to drive preferred
Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.