|Caroline Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Under the guidance of the Wellness Director, The Wellness Trainer/Personal Trainer is responsible for giving wellness center orientations and monitoring the activities and cleanliness of the wellness center. Also responsible for assisting the members with their workouts by spotting when needed.
• Maintain the orientation scheduling book
• Orientate new and existing members to all equipment and safety policies
• Keep the wellness area clean and neat
• Store weights in the proper places
• Meet, greet and assist wellness patrons
• Opening and closing duties as assigned
• Additional duties as assigned
• Ensure all safety and risk management procedures are adhered to
• Participate in the Annual Support Campaign
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two years experience in the wellness field
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general fitness periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
• Ability to solve practical problems
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Health and wellness certifications through national organizations and/or YMCA (must be completed within first year of employment)
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Comfort in working with diverse individuals and organizations
• Ability to handle difficult situations
• Ability to work as part of a team
• CPR , AED and First Aid Certification (or will agree to become certified within three months of employment
While performing the duties of this job, the Trainer is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear, and put weights away. The Trainer is occasionally required to sit,