|Preschool Teacher 2|
|Caroline Family YMCA|
Hours and days may vary.
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Directs the development and operations of the school year preschool program.
• Directs preschool programs for assigned site(s).
• Supervises assigned staff and volunteers. Provides leadership.
• Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to child care and/or camping. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
• Ensures high quality programs through innovative program development, evaluations and on going training of staff.
• Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment.
Preschool Teacher must be at least 21 years of age and shall have one of the following:
• An endorsement or bachelor’s degree in a child related field from an accredited college or university and one year of programmatic experience in the group care of children;
• Forty-eight semester hours or 72 quarter hours of college credit in a child related field from an accredited college or university and one year of programmatic experience in the group care of children;
• Two years of programmatic experience in the group care of children with one year in staff supervisory capacity and at least one of the following educational backgrounds:
• A one-year early childhood certificate from an accredited college or university that consists of at least 30 semester hours;
• A child development credential by an organization approved by the department; or
• Three years of programmatic experience in the group care of children with one year in a staff supervisory capacity and high school diploma or G.E.D or verification of completion of a home school program approved by the state.
Knowledge of child care licensing requirements, and YMCA standards. Skills in staff and volunteer supervision. CPR and First Aid certifications. License and ability to drive preferred. Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.