|Caroline Family YMCA|
|Mon-Fri: 6-8:30am and 3-6:30pm|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Assists with supervision of a group of children in a seasonal before and after school program.
• Assists with supervision of a group of children.
• Assists in planning and implementing program activities.
• Assists in maintenance of the facility.
• Attends staff meetings and trainings.
• Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
• Maintains safety rules as set by site and YMCA policy.
• 16 years of age or older.
• Current state approved first aid certification. *
• Current state approved CPR certification. *
• TB test or screening
• Interest in working with children in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, archery, boating, camping, songs, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games.
* At hire or earliest possible training
Promotes a positive environment for children. Appreciates the needs of children. Has patience and enthusiasm.