|Caroline Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Under the general direction of the Aquatics Director, the Swim Instructor teaches program participants to swim using the guidelines set forth by the YMCA. The Swim Instructor ensures and supports the principles and mission set forth by the Association of Rappahannock Area YMCA, Inc.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ensure the safety of all individuals in class
• Follow all rules and regulations
• Wear proper uniform
• Be courteous and polite to all patrons and staff
• Attend monthly training and staff meetings
• Teach all classes assigned
• Show up on time and complete all required paperwork
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• Ensure all safety and risk management procedures are adhered to
• Participate in the Annual Support Campaign
• Minimum 16 years of age
• Current YMCA swim instructor or WSI certification (may attend in house training)
• CPR-PR or CPR , AED and First Aid Certification
• Ability to follow direction
• An outgoing, friendly demeanor
• Comfort in working with diverse individuals and organizations
• Ability to work as part of a team