|Water Park Gate Attendant|
|Massad Family YMCA|
|Season runs May 25 through September 3. Must be available to work Memorial Day weekend.|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes Water Park membership and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the Water Park gate area.
1. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
2. Enforces Water Park policies including wrist bands, bag checking, and guest fees.
3. Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
4. Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
5. Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
6. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
2. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
4. Previous customer service, sales or related experience preferred.
5. Basic knowledge of computers.
6. Must be at least 16 years old.
7. Completes Praesidium within 7 days of hire date.
8. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
9. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).