When school is out, it is time for FUN! Friendships, tradition…YMCA Summer Childcare is an action packed, full-day experience for children. Field trips, indoor swimming, nature, storytelling, music, singing, games, sports, arts & crafts and much more! We incorporate our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith into all of our programs.
For information about our 2020 Summer Childcare program and any changes as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, please see our Summer Childcare 2020 FAQs.
SUMMER CHILDCARE INFORMATION
Registration begins February 1st
Feb. 1st – April 25th: Reg. Fee $25
After April 25th: Reg. Fee $50
$10 Deposit per week per child due at registration
Registration fee and deposits are non-refundable
PRICES & SESSIONS
Members: $130/child per WEEK
Participants: $175/child per WEEK
Additional $20 per WEEK per child; for children under age 13
Extended Care Hours: 6:30am-8:30am AND/OR 4:30-6:30pm
Explorers: This unique teen camp is for pre-teens/ teens 10-15 years old. Extended care offered for children 10-12 years. No extended care for 13-15 year olds.
We are excited to launch the use of EPact, a paperless Private Personal Emergency Record (PPER) that lets families enter all their critical health and emergency data online, and then securely share it with the Rappahannock Area YMCA for our licensed childcare programs.
We believe EPact will benefit the families we serve by streamlining the childcare registration process. Families own their PPER, enter their data ONCE, and share it program
-after-program, year-after-year. If families update information, authorized staff are immediately alerted.
NEW PAPERLESS CHILDCARE REGISTRATION PROCESS:
- Pre-register for the childcare program of choice either online or at the branch. PLEASE NOTE: Your registration is NOT complete until your EPact information has been entered. Please ensure that a valid email address is on file.
- Once your pre-registration has been submitted, a YMCA staff member will initiate the EPact process within 3 business days. You will receive an email invitation to complete your EPact registration. If you already have your child’s information on EPact you do not need to complete this step again!
- You have 5 days from receipt of the EPact invitation to complete your registration. If you do not complete the EPact registration within 5 days, your child will be removed from pre-registration and their spot is no longer guaranteed.
- Once your EPact registration is completed, a YMCA staff member will process any applicable registration fees/deposits and will set up your program payments.
- You’re all set! The great thing about EPact is that once you’ve entered the information the first time, you will no longer be required to do so for any subsequent childcare program registrations!
Groups are based on the grade that the child has completed prior to the start of camp.