The Steve and Cheri Thurston Water Park boasts a 25 X 25 meter pool, beach entry with splash pad and two 40 foot water slides!
THURSTON WATER PARK OPENS JULY 1ST!
We are thrilled to announce that Thurston Water Park, located at the Massad branch, will be opening to Season Pass Holders and YMCA members beginning on Wednesday July 1st! Please see important information below about park hours, reservations, and more!
Per Phase 3 regulations we are not able to open the slides or the splash pad water features at this time.
Water Park Admission
Beginning on July 1st, Thurston Water Park will open for YMCA Members and Season Pass Holders ONLY.
All visits will be made by reservation using the RappYFit mobile app.
Entry fee for YMCA Members is $10 per person. Ages 2 and under are free.
Park visits will be available in 1 hour and 45 minute time blocks. You will have a 15 minute grace period to gather your things and exit the park. All guests MUST exit prior to the next appointment time.
Season Pass Holders may reserve more than one time slot.
Reservations in the app are made per family. If multiple members of your family have app accounts, you should only reserve a time slot under one account.
Season Pass Holders:
Season pass holders will be issued special “credits” in the RappYFit mobile app to be used in order to reserve a time slot during exclusive season pass holder hours.
Water Park Hours*
*Please note: All visits will be made by reservation using the RappYFit mobile app. Park visits will be available in 1 hour and 45 minute time blocks.
MONDAY – FRIDAY:
9:00am – 2:45pm Season Pass Holders ONLY
3:00pm – 8:45pm YMCA Members (with entry fee) and Season Pass Holders
SATURDAY – SUNDAY:
10:00am – 1:45pm Season Pass Holders ONLY
2:00pm – 5:45pm YMCA Members (with entry fee) and Season Pass Holders
As of July 1st, day passes are available to YMCA members during the times listed above.
$10 per day for Y-Members.
Children age 2 and under are free.
All visitors must fill out & sign a waiver form each season. Print & sign your waiver in advance for faster processing!
Day Pass Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
YMCA Member Family: $375 – PURCHASE ONLINE
Non-Member Family: $550 – Must be purchased at the Massad branch.
Water Park Private Rentals
Water Park rentals are available on Saturdays and Sundays from 6:00-9:00pm. CLICK HERE for more information and to submit a rental request.
RappYFit Mobile App
If you have not had your RappYFit Mobile App account activated yet, please contact your branch Membership Director:
Caroline: Schericka Twyner – firstname.lastname@example.org
King George: Erin Reiley – email@example.com
Ron Rosner: Israel Peltz – firstname.lastname@example.org
Massad: Melissa Taylor – email@example.com
SPECIAL EVENTS & EARLY CLOSURES
For more information on the Marlins and our other Swim Teams, click here.
WATER PARK RULES
PARK ENTRY & FOOD POLICIES
- No coolers allowed. You may keep them in your vehicle and have unlimited entry for the day after payment.
- No outside food other than bottled water and baby food (no glass jars) permitted. Birthday cakes may be brought in with a scheduled birthday party package.
- All swim bags will be checked to ensure outside food & drink are not brought into park due to health code restrictions.
- Eating and drinking are prohibited in the water.
- Lifeguard must be on deck before anyone enters the pool.
- Please shower off before entering the water. Bathing caps are highly recommended.
- In the event of a thunderstorm, all pools (including whirlpools/spray down areas) will close for a minimum of 30 minutes after each instance of thunder or lightning. Guests are asked to leave the water park and wait in their vehicles until re-entry is safe.
- Water Park restrooms are closed during thunderstorms.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- No smoking on the YMCA campus. We are a smoke-free environment.
- You are responsible for your children at all times.
- Health codes mandate that diaper changing is restricted to bathrooms.
- All children not potty-trained must wear swimmer diapers and a bathing suit.
- All children less than 48” tall must be banded/swim tested. Band is required. Replacement bands are $5 each.
- Follow all slide rules and height restrictions.
- All non-swimmers must stay in water below their armpits.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard approved PFD’s (personal floatation devices) are allowed.
- Any child wearing a pfd must be within arm’s reach of a parent.
- Rough play will not be tolerated.
- Swimmers under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a responsible person at least 16 years of age.
- Enter the pool from the stairs or beach entry.
- It is recommended to wait until food has settled after a meal to get back in the pool. (15-30 minutes)
- Breath holding activities are not permitted.
- No diving is allowed. There is no lap swim at the Water Park.
- No running.
- Please look to the lifeguard when the whistle blows to find out information/dangers or if the pool is being closed. Lifeguards are in charge of the pool.