|Massad Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
|Open until filled|
Department Head Email Address:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provides safe transportation to and from program sites while maintaining a supportive and positive atmosphere. May also provide support in other areas as assigned.
1. Drives bus safely according to YMCA policies, procedures, and state laws.
2. Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day keeping accurate record of all information. Records gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms. Cleans out bus each day.
3. Promotes safety at all times and keeps first aid supplies fully stocked.
4. Ensures bus rules are announced and followed
5. Develops friendly positive relationships among staff, volunteers, parents, and children.
6. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
7. Models relationship-building skills (Including Listen First) in all interactions.
8. Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
9. Must have needed license from the state to drive any bus over 15 passenger.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. At least one year work experience as a bus driver preferred.
2. Must be at least 21 years old.
3. Possess appropriate class license.
4. Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles (bus).
5. Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR and First Aid.
6. Desire and ability to work with children.
7. Track record of building relationships with staff, volunteers, and parents.
8. Completes Praesidium within 7 days of hire date.
9. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
10. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. Ability to safely drive a bus for long periods of time.
3. Ability to respond to emergency situations.
4. Ability to lift or move items or supplies up to 10 pounds in weight.
5. Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.