|Massad Family YMCA|
*Must be Flexible and have open availibilty*(part time)
Monday- Friday 5pm-10pm
Job Application Deadline:
|Open until filled|
Department Head Email Address:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes health and fitness through Y programs.
1. Supervises all assigned sport program activities in the gym to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
2. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
3. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
4. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
6. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
7. Coordinates and schedules equipment maintenance and repairs.
8. Ensures the proper working order and cleanliness of gym program equipment and facility
9. Attends staff meetings
10. Performs other duties as assigned
1. High school diploma and 1 year year in programs experience or related field.
2. Certifications: CPR , AED, Basic First Aid certification within 30 days of being hired.
3. Ability to learn and implement the YMCA’s software program
4. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
5. At least 21 years of age.
6. Completes Praesidium within 7 days of hire date.
7. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
8. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1. Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
2. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
3. Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
4. Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
5. Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
6. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
7. Ability to view/enter data for long periods of time.