|Membership Desk Supervisor|
|Caroline Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
|Open Until Filled|
Department Head Email Address:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Supervisor at the Rappahannock Area YMCA maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals. The Membership Supervisor responds to member, staff and guest needs and promotes memberships and programs.
1. Responds to the individual needs of the other person.
2. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention. Maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
3. Conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
4. Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers, staff and members and helps members connect with one another and the Y.
5. Serves others by intentionally welcoming, connecting, and supporting members, and inviting them to get involved and give back to the community.
6. Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
7. Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff in a clear, concise way. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
8. Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
9. All other duties as assigned.
• Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
• CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications required within 30 days of hire.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community
• Basic knowledge of computers.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
• The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.