|Ron Rosner Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
|Open until filled|
Department Head Email Address:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Director at Any town YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined.
1. Ensures programs and services meet community needs.
2. Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
3. Ensures a level of service and engagement that fosters loyalty among those we serve.
4. Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
5. Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff in a clear, concise way. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
6. Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances
7. Leads membership staff and volunteers effectively; recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams; onboards and develops them for success.
8. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
9. Supports YMCA healthy eating and physical activities standards through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Certifications: CPR, AED, Basic First Aid certification within 30 days of being hired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.