|Kidz Zone PM Supervisor|
|Massad Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
Department Head Email Address:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Builds a positive, safe and welcoming experience for members and staff. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
1. Supervises a group of children.
2. Interact with children and their parents/guardians to build relationships, enforcing rules, and maintaining a clean and safe environment.
3. Supports YMCA healthy eating and physical activities standards through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality
4. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
5. Attends staff meetings and trainings.
6. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
7. Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents, children and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
8. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
9. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
10. Participates in YMCA Support Campaign functions
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Previous experience working with children preferred.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age.
3. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
5. Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
6. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
7. Completes Praesidium within 7 days of hire date.
8. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
9. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to the inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1. Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
2. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
3. Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
4. Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
5. Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
6. Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
7. Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
8. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
9. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
10. Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.