|King George Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
|Open until filled|
Department Head Email Address:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Develops and delivers quality service to members, guests, and program participants focusing on the development of member-centered relationships, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA Wellness programs.
1. Follow proper registration procedures to ensure fees are collected.
2. Follow established and approved pre-screening procedures.
3. Conduct member orientations and consultations as assigned.
4. Assits members in developing realistic, attainable goals and continually modifying training objectives.
5. Develop individualized, goal oriented fitness plan for each member assigned.
6. Develop and conduct personal training sessions based on goals and abilities of participants.
7. Instruct members on proper form, technique and execution of fitness plan exercises for optimal performance/results.
8. Motivate member to work to maximum and safe potential, providing physical and psychological assistance, support and encouragement.
9. Encourage participants through individual attention as well as verbal, written and electronic correspondence.
10. Maintain records on each participant as directed by guidelines and procedures.
11. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
12. Attend department and Branch meetings as required.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
14. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the branch and association as embodied in the mission statement and Y values.
1. Bachelor's degree in a health and fitness/wellness related field or a minimum of 3 years experience in personal training, wellness coaching, sports coaching or group exercise training.
2. Must be at least 21 years old
3. CPR, AED, Basic First Aid within 30 days of hire.
4. Current Certifications in at least one of the following: American Council of Exercise (ACE), Aerobics and Finess Association of America (AFFA), National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
5. Healthy Lifestyle Principles Certification through the Y of the USA required within 6 months of hire.
6. Foundations of Strength and conditioning Certification through the Y of the USA required within 6 months of hire.
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
8. Completes Praesidium within 7 days of hire date.
9. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
10. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
2. Must be able to lift and carry equipment or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
3. Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
4. Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
5. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
6. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
7. Hear noises and distress in a noisey environment
8. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.