|Special Needs Specialist|
|Massad Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
|Open until filled|
Department Head Email Address:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Organizes and implements high quality YMCA Special needs program(s).
1. Ensure that member and guests are using facility and equipment in a safe manner to ensure they do not injure themselves or others.
2. Ability to take attendance, track and record data.
3. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
4. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
5. Organizes, puts away, and assists in ordering supplies and equipment.
6. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the branch and association as embodied in the mission statement and Y values.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must be 21 years of age.
2. High school diploma or equivalent
3. Experience preferred in related fitness or teaching field.
4. At least one year prior experience working with individuals with multiple types of disabilities.
5. Certifications: CPR, AED, Basic First Aid certification. If not certified, will become certified within 30 days of employment.
6. Healthy Lifestyle Principles Certifications through the Y of the USA required within 12 months of hire.
7. Completes Praesidium within 7 days of hire date.
8. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1. Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
2. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
3. Exposure to individuals with aggressive behavior and ongoing health issues.
4. Must be able to lift and carry equipment or supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
5. Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
6. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
7. Hear noises and distress in a noisy environment
8. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.