|King George Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
|Open until filled|
Department Head Email Address:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provide excellent service to all members, guests and program participants on the development of member-centered relationships. Staff members in this position respond to member and guest needs, promote the YMCA, maintain the cleanliness and organization of the wellness room.
1. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
2. Ensure that member and guests are using facility and equipment in a safe manner to ensure they do not injure themselves or others.
3. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
4. Conduct member orientations as assigned.
5. Conduct hourly usage counts.
6. Ensure equipment ad facility is maintained in a clean state, ensuring all cleaning supplies are available.
7. Report any equipment problems to the wellness manager/director and put appropriate non operational signs on equipment as needed.
8. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
9. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
10. Organizes and puts away unused equipment.
11. Encourage participants through individual attention as well as verbal, written and electronic correspondence.
12. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
13. Attend department and Branch meetings as required.
14. Participates in YMCA Support Campaign functions.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Experience preferred in related fitness or teaching field.
3. Certifications: CPR , AED, Basic First Aid certification. If not certified, will become certified within 30 days of employment.
4. Must be at least 18 years old.
5. Complete Praesidium within 7 days of hire date.
6. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
2. Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
3. Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
4. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
5. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
6. Must be able to lift and or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
7. Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.