Thurston Water Park
212 Butler Rd, Falmouth, VA 22405
Thurston Water Park is closed for the season. We will re-open in May of 2023!
Child Watch Hours:
*Park hours and slide availability are subject to change based on special events, staffing, swim meets and/or weather. Refer to the Special Events section for a list of early closures.
*YMCA camps will be attending the Water Park Monday-Friday, from 10am – 1pm.
Skip the lines and enjoy Thurston Water Park all summer long with a season pass! Season passes are available to both members and non-members on an individual or family basis (family membership is required for family season pass rate). Pricing varies based on date of purchase. Find a location nearest you.
Special Events & Early Closures
Rock the 4th of July Party – July 4th*
Luau: Date TBD* Marlins Schedule (park closes at 4pm)
- Wed, June 22 (rain date June 23)
- Mon, June 27 (rain date June 28)
- Mon, July 18 (rain date July 19)
- Marlins Splash Night: Wed, July 13th (park closes at 4:30pm)
WATER PARK RULES
PARK ENTRY & FOOD POLICIES
- No coolers allowed. You may keep them in your vehicle and have unlimited entry for the day of payment.
- No outside food other than bottled water and baby food (no glass jars) permitted. Birthday cakes may be brought in with a scheduled birthday party package.
- All swim bags will be checked to ensure outside food & drink are not brought into park due to health code restrictions.
- Eating and drinking are prohibited in the water.
- Lifeguard must be on deck before anyone enters the pool.
- Please shower off before entering the water. Bathing caps are highly recommended.
- In the event of a thunderstorm, all pools (including whirlpools/spray down areas) will close for a minimum of 30 minutes after each instance of thunder or lightning. Guests are asked to leave the water park and wait in their vehicles until re-entry is safe.
- Water Park restrooms are closed during thunderstorms.
- HEALTH & SAFETY
- No smoking on the YMCA campus. We are a smoke-free environment.
- You are responsible for your children at all times.
- Health codes mandate that diaper changing is restricted to bathrooms.
- All children not potty-trained must wear swimmer diapers and a bathing suit.
- All children less than 48” tall must be banded/swim tested. Band is required. Replacement bands are $5 each.
- Follow all slide rules and height restrictions.
- All non-swimmers must stay in water below their armpits.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard approved PFD’s (personal floatation devices) are allowed.
- Any child wearing a pfd must be within arm’s reach of a parent.
- Rough play will not be tolerated.
- Swimmers under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a responsible person at least 16 years of age.
- Enter the pool from the stairs or beach entry.
- It is recommended to wait until food has settled after a meal to get back in the pool. (15-30 minutes)
- Breath holding activities are not permitted.
- No diving is allowed. There is no lap swim at the Water Park.
- No running.
- Please look to the lifeguard when the whistle blows to find out information/dangers or if the pool is being closed. Lifeguards are in charge of the pool.
Director of Operations
540-371-9622 ext 1034
540-371-9622 ext 1063