WELCOME BACK TO THE Y
We’ve been carefully planning to reopen our facilities and reactivate key programs in the safest manner possible so you can access the services and support you miss and need the most.
We’d like to reassure our members that we are doing everything possible to ensure our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices. The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, and help strengthen our community.
WHAT’S NEW IN PHASE THREE:
- Thurston Water Park opens to Season Pass Holders and Y Members on July 1st! Slides/Splash pad water features remain closed due to phase three requirements. Water Park visits are reservation only. Click here for more information on hours, reservations, rentals, day passes and more.
- Showers become available for use on July 1st.
- Basketball is now available by appointment in the app. Use is limited to 2 people OR one family per half-court.
- 2020-21 SACC pre-registration is open for Stafford and Spotsylvania Counties. Click here for more information.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PHASE THREE:
- All classes and amenities are reservation-only. You MUST be registered for the RappYFit mobile app in order to schedule your visit. For information on activating your account please please visit the RappYFit page. Reservations can be made 48 hours in advance.
- Group fitness classes will observe recommended 10 feet social distancing protocols.
- Due to capacity restrictions, we are only serving Rappahannock Area YMCA members at this time.
- Lap swim reservations will be done in 45 minute increments.
- Please bring your own water bottle and yoga mat/towel.
- Click here for information on the Rowe Tennis Center re-opening.
The following areas and amenities will remain closed until a later date:
- Drinking Fountains
- Hot tubs, Spas & Saunas
SCHEDULING YOUR VISIT:
Log into your RappYFit account online:
- King George Family YMCA: https://kinggeorgefamilyymca.virtuagym.com/
- Massad Family YMCA: https://massadfamilyymca.virtuagym.com/
- Ron Rosner Family YMCA: https://ronrosnerfamilyymca.virtuagym.com/
- Caroline Family YMCA: https://carolinefamilyymca.virtuagym.com/
If you do not have a RappYFit account, please contact Kari Dame: email@example.com or your branch membership director.
CHILD WATCH GUIDELINES:
- Child watch is now open.
- Families may utilize one time slot per day. Please sign up 48 hours in advance.
- Children visibly cannot display any symptoms of illness (runny nose, rash….etc.)
- Any child that has been sick must be symptom free for 72 hours before returning.
- Please take your child to the restroom prior to drop off, as we are unable to do so.
- Please do not bring in any personal items.
- Please ensure your child is fed prior to drop off, as we will not have an area designated for feeding.
- Toys will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Children will be socially distanced in accordance with 6 ft guidelines.
FACILITY ACCESS & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the facility.
A mask or face covering must be worn inside the facility at all times EXCEPT during active exercise.
All members must adhere to the social/physical distancing requirements posted throughout the facility.
During phase two of re-opening, we will only be serving current active members of the Rappahannock Area YMCA. Guests and Nationwide visitors will not be able to use the facility at this time.
Members must use the RappYFit Mobile App (or website) to schedule a visit. Visits may be scheduled up to 48 hours in advance. See https://family-ymca.org/rappyfit/ for instructions on using our mobile app.
In order to serve as many members as possible, facility use is limited to 1 hour per person, per day.
If you need to cancel a reservation, please do so as soon as possible so that the spot can be available for another member.
COVID-19 SCREENING PROCEDURES:
Prior to entering the facility, members will have their temperature taken and be asked the following screening questions:
• Are you currently experiencing fever (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher) or a sense of having a fever?
• Do you have a new cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
• Do you have a new shortness of breath that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
• Do you have chills that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
• Do you have new muscle aches that cannot be attributed to another health condition or specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you will not be permitted in the facility.
PHASE THREE HOURS:
All visits are by reservation only. Check the RappYFit mobile app for area specific schedules.
Monday – Friday: 5:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (closed from 2-4pm for deep cleaning)
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (closed from 12-2pm for deep cleaning)
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• All staff members will have their temperature taken and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to starting their shift.
• All equipment will be cleaned both before and after each use.
• Additional staff will be scheduled whose sole responsibility is to clean and sanitize equipment.
• Quaternary 66, bleach, and other approved disinfectants are used to ensure cleanliness.
• Midday and nightly deep-cleaning and sanitizing will continue.
Stay Healthy at Home
We understand that some of our members will not be comfortable returning to a public workout space yet. We want to support your wellness and will continue to offer virtual classes on Zoom, Facebook and Youtube. Check out our Virtual Fitness pages for all of our Healthy at Home resources.