How can I have my membership rate frozen?
- To participate in the Y-Warrior program, simply setup a minimum monthly gift of $10 or more.
- You can join by stopping at the front desk of any branch or visiting family-ymca.org/support-the-y/donate, or calling the Philanthropy Office at (540) 371-9622.
Who is eligible to participate in the membership freeze?
- Members not on financial assistance may set up a recurring donation of $10 or more per month to have their membership rate frozen.
- Members that are on financial assistance that want to participate need to be approved by the Executive Director of their home branch.
- Members that are receiving a corporate discount are not eligible for the rate freeze.
- Staff members receiving a discount are not eligible to participate.
Can I pay by check?
- At this time, the Y-Warriors program only accepts monthly credit card charges or ACH drafts. You can use the online system to draft directly from your checking account if you would prefer.
Are membership rates increasing in 2021?
- We have had rate increases in two of the past three years. We do periodically review our rates to determine rate increases.
How long will this promotion last?
- This promotion is on going.
What happens if my card declines?
- We will make every effort to reach out to correct the issue. The issue must be resolved within 30-days of the original declined charge to continue in the program. You can call the Philanthropy Office at (540) 371-9622 to update your credit card information.
How long will my membership rate be frozen?
- The rate will be frozen for as long as you participate in the program. However, if you place your membership on hold (even for vacation), the membership freeze on your rate will be lifted.
What happens if I terminate my membership?
- You can opt to continue your donation or you may cancel it with your membership. If you opt to cancel it with you membership, you must inform the staff at the time you are cancelling your membership.
What happens if I need to update/change my credit card number?
- Please call the Philanthropy Office at (540) 371-9622 and we will be happy to update your credit card information.
What happens if I want to discontinue participating in the program?
- You may discontinue your participation in our membership freeze at any time. Upon discontinuing in the program, you membership rate will be eligible for a rate increase immediately.
Can you charge my credit card on file that you use for membership?
- We are not able to automatically charge the card on file for this program. You will need to reenter the credit card online. However, the system we are using includes more options to pay including Apple Pay and Click to Pay (for Visa, MasterCard, and AmEx wallet) which are Digital Wallets and are more secure for processing credit card donations.
Will I receive a tax-receipt for my donation?
- Yes, you will receive an email receipt for your initial donation. You will also receive one consolidated tax-receipt, postmarked by January 31, for the year prior listing all donations.
Can I direct my donation to specific program?
- You can direct your donation to any of the following six impact programs: Bright Beginnings, 2nd Grade Learn to Swim (not available at Massad), Power Scholars Academy (not available in Caroline), Open Doors, Special Needs, or the Jon Fried Tennis & Education Academy.
Your impact on a monthly basis:
|Suggested Donation Amount Per Month||Annual Total||Impact|
|$10||$120||Help 4 children participate in a youth sports program.|
|$12.50||$150||Sponsor 1 child for Bright Beginnings|
|$15||$180||Provide support to 3 adults with special needs to participate in our Adult Egg Hunt, Holiday Lunch Socials, and Special Needs Dance.|
|$20||$240||Provide 6 weeks of swim lessons for 3 students.|
|$33.34||$400.08||Provide a family-in-need with a six-month membership.|
|$50||$600||Sponsor 4 children for Bright Beginnings.|
|$62.50||$750||Provide a child the opportunity to participate in the Jon Fried Tennis & Education Academy.|
|$66.70||$800.40||Sponsor 1 child for the Annual Power Scholars Academy.|
|$83.34||$1000.08||Help us to sustain the Open Doors Scholarship Program.|
|$100||$1200||Provide 3 families-in-need with a six-month membership.|
|$125||$1500||Sponsor 2 children in the Jon Fried Tennis & Education Academy.|