For nearly fifty years, the Rappahannock Area YMCA has proudly served our community through our impact programs. Each program is carefully designed to fulfill our mission of putting Christian principles into practice that build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all! Because of the support we receive from our donors, our association annually:
- Provides over $750,000 in assistance through our Open Doors program, ensuring that all who want to participate at the Y are able to do so regardless of the ability to pay.
- Empowers over 350 children through the YMCA Power Scholars Program.
- Instructs over 820 children in the Second Grade Learn-to-Swim program.
- Supports 300 children through YMCA’s Bright Beginnings.
- Coaches and mentors dozens of children through the YMCA’s Jon Fried Tennis and Education Academy.
- Instructs 450 adults with chronic illnesses through our community health programs.
- Serves 425 adults and 250 children with special needs.