With school starting soon, you may be wondering how you will work while supporting your child’s online education. As a trusted child care provider for decades, the Rappahannock Area YMCA is honored to provide safe, fun, and educational care for school age children in our community. The YMCA’s Virtual Learning Centers will offer students a safe and fun place to participate in virtual learning, as well as necessary child care for working parents during the school day.
- All day care will support each district’s fall learning model with virtual learning built into daily schedules.
- Thorough entry screening, distancing, and cleaning procedures to keep children and staff safe and healthy.
- Licensed by the State of Virginia
- Experienced and trained staff
- When online school/remote learning is completed, students will have time for homework or structured, age-appropriate enrichment activities.
- Wi-Fi will be provided to support video chats, streaming media and other online school demands.
Each student should bring:
- remote learning device (school-issued Chromebook, laptop)
- appropriate school supplies
- a mask (masks are required for both children and adults)
- lunch + two snacks + water bottle (nut free)
To the best of your ability, please make sure your student knows how to log in to their school’s website and learning platforms and how to operate their devices and software.
Please dress comfortably.
Regular hours (Caroline and Spotsylvania) 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Regular hours (King George & Stafford): 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
With extended care: 6:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
PROGRAM PRICING* (weekly):
Y Members: $130 per child
Non-Members: $175 per child
Extended Care: $25 per child
*Financial Assistance is available. Click here to apply.
Click on the name of your county to learn more and to pre-register.
Caroline Family YMCA
King George County:
King George Family YMCA
Ron Rosner Family YMCA
Cedar Forest ES
Courthouse Road ES
Massad Family YMCA
More locations TBA
At the Y, we believe everyone should have access to quality care. If you would like to support our financial assistance program, click here to donate.