WELCOME BACK TO THE Y
The Y is dedicated to the health and safety of our members, staff, and community. We also believe that exercise is a proven immunity-booster and that exercise as a part of a healthy lifestyle is vital to overall health and well-being. Additionally, we understand the mental and emotional dangers of social isolation. The Y aims to help members meet their physical, social, and emotional needs while also implementing doing all we can to offer a safe and healthy environment during these difficult circumstances. Under the guidance of the Governor, Virginia Health Department, and the CDC, guidelines for reopening will be as follows:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PHASE ONE: HEALTHY OUTSIDE
- All classes and amenities are reservation-only. You MUST be registered for the RappYFit mobile app in order to reserve a spot in our Healthy Outside classes and fitness areas. For information on activating your account please please visit the RappYFit page.
- Group fitness classes will be limited to groups no larger than 9 plus an instructor and will observe recommended 10 feet social distancing protocols. Shorter class times (45 minutes) will allow for proper cleaning of any equipment.
- Healthy Outside classes and workout sessions are for Rappahannock Area YMCA members only; no guests or AWAY members can attend at this time.
- Classes will be held on fields and parking lots around the branches; please allow 10 extra minutes to locate your class.
- Lap swim reservations will be done in 45 minute increments.
- Child watch is currently closed.
- Our facilities will remain closed with no locker room access. Restrooms will be closed. Please bring your own water bottle and yoga mat/towel.
- Healthy Outside will be available weather permitting. Updates on any cancellations will be made available on the app.
PHASE ONE AMENITIES:
- Memorial Day Murph Challenge – May 25th (check the app for branch specific activities)
- Outdoor Wellness Equipment
- Outdoor Group Fitness Classes
- Lap Swim at the Thurston Water Park Pool (located at the Massad branch)
OUTDOOR FITNESS HOURS* (begins May 26):
Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
*Any closures or class cancellations will be posted on the app news page. Please check prior to each class – especially on days where inclement weather may be a factor. Outdoor fitness areas are for ages 14 and up.
GROUP FITNESS HOURS:
Group fitness classes will vary by branch. Check the RappYFit Mobile App to view available classes and reserve your spot. Group fitness classes are for ages 12 and up.
LAP SWIM HOURS:
Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
FACILITY ACCESS PROCEDURES:
- During the first phase of re-opening, we will only be serving current active members of the Rappahannock Area YMCA. Day passes and new member signups will not be available until further notice.
- Members must use the RappYFit Mobile App (or website) to schedule a visit. Visits may be scheduled up to 48 hours in advance. See https://family-ymca.org/rappyfit/ for instructions on using our mobile app.
- In order to serve as many members as possible, facility use is limited to 1 hour per person, per day.
- If you need to cancel a reservation, please do so as soon as possible so that the spot can be available for another member.
- Social distancing will be practiced in all areas. Please abide by the posted signage.
AREA CLOSURES & MODIFICATIONS:
Per the Governor’s phase one orders, we are unable to open our indoor facilities at this time. Water fountains and restrooms will be closed.
- All staff members will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to starting their shift.
- All equipment will be cleaned both before and after each use.
- Additional staff will be scheduled whose sole responsibility is to clean and sanitize equipment.
- Quaternary 66, bleach, and other approved disinfectants are used to ensure cleanliness.
- Nightly deep-cleaning and sanitizing will continue.
Learn about our Social Distancing in Group Fitness safety precautions.
Stay Healthy at Home
We understand that some of our members will not be comfortable returning to a public workout space yet. We want to support your wellness and will continue to offer virtual classes on Zoom, Facebook and Youtube. Check out our Virtual Fitness pages for all of our Healthy at Home resources.