Healthy Kids Day 2023
Healthy Kids Day® is the Y’s national initiative to improve the health and well-being of kids and families. For over 30 years, YMCAs and their communities hosted free community events aimed to inspire kids and families to keep their minds and bodies active throughout the summer months and beyond. Join us for events at each of our four Rappahannock Area YMCA branches.
SATURDAY, APRIL 29TH
10:00am – 1:00pm
CAROLINE FAMILY YMCA
Join us for a festival of fun with activities for kids and family to enjoy!
- Smoothie Station / Taste the Rainbow of Flavors
- Dunk Tank (Mosher, Johnson, & ??)
- Virginia Tech, Virginia Cooperative healthy youth initiative station
- Face Painting by Tina
- Petting Zoo provided by Caroline County Middle School FFA
- Pickleball Intro for Kids
- Tennis Academy
- Moon Bounce and Agility Obstacle Course
- Fire Truck Walk Abouts for Kids
- Group Fit Classes for Kids
- 4H Club
- Financial Awareness provided by Bank (TBD)
- Fredericksburg Food Bank
- VA Tech Coop – Extension Family Nutrition
- Caroline’s Promise
- Friends of the Rappahannock
KING GEORGE FAMILY YMCA
Join us for kid friendly activities and demonstrations including a petting zoo, puppy yoga, family boot camp, local organizations & vendors, and demos!
MASSAD FAMILY YMCA
All ages Color Run kicks off the fun at 10am! Face painting, Touch-A-Truck, games, YMCA class demos, bounce house and more! Color run is free but registration is required. This event is on rain or shine! All demos will take place indoors in the gym. Click here to sign up!
Thank you to our Color Run sponsor:
RON ROSNER FAMILY YMCA
The first 100 children will receive a FREE Healthy Kids Day Cinch bag (while supplies last). Stay tuned for updates including the events and sponsors/vendors we will have onsite.