YMCA Preschool uses the Creative Curriculum System. Developed by Teaching Strategies, Inc., the Creative Curriculum enables children to develop confidence, creativity and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum:
- Enables children to apply their acquired skills in meaningful, real-life contexts.
- Equips children to solve problems and find answers to their questions creatively.
- Encourages higher-level thinking, development of intellectual interests and positive approaches to learning.
- Supports the development of social-emotional skills such as resolving conflict, sharing responsibilities and working collaboratively.
- Focuses on Science and Social Studies topics while promoting skills in Language and Literacy, Math, Technology and the Arts.